At Holdfast, our inclusive and collaborative approach ensures building design and construction meets national compliance standards. As trusted leaders in the Tasmanian construction industry, we provide a current and reliable service informed by up-to-date technical innovation.
- Experienced across all sectors of the community and economy.
- Continuously updated technical knowledge.
- In-depth appreciation of legal requirements.
- And most importantly, the value we place on personal relationships – across the construction industry, across the community, and with every individual we work with.
We provide a wide range of services that can be tailored to suit your project.
Statutory building surveying
We can review and assess the design of your project, and inspect and assess its construction against the Building Act 2016 and the National Construction Code to ensure it meets the standards of safety, health and amenity expected by the community.
Read more about our assessment and certification service.
Consulting building surveying
We deliver reports and professional advice on all aspects of building compliance including:
- unapproved works
- feasibility studies
- maintenance audits
- legal reports
- performance solutions.
Read more about our consulting services.
Whether statutory or consulting, we provide building surveying services across a range of sectors across Tasmania:
- Residential & accommodation
- Government, education & research
- Medical & health, & supported accommodation
- Sport, recreation & community
- Commercial, retail & hospitality
- Industry, manufacturing & agriculture
Who we are
Holdfast was established in 2008 and has grown from a kitchen-table business into one of Tasmania’s most trusted building surveying firms. We enjoy productive relationships with architects and designers, engineers, builders and subcontractors, as well as local councils and regulatory agencies across the state.
We are fully licensed and able to work on any type of construction, and each have over two decades of experience in private consulting and public regulation around Australia. Their knowledge of legislation and attention to detail is without peer.
Our inspectors are licensed builders. With well over 30 years of experience in the building industry, their hands-on experience and knowledge of construction practice is meticulous.
Our friendly Assessment and Admin team will ensure your project runs smoothly and efficiently.
Contact us today to see how we can help get your project up and running.